Friday, December 5, 2008

Gone...ugh.

So the Monday before Thanksgiving, our house was broken into and all of our electronics were stolen. Our computer with all of our pictures on it, our camera, Bryan's laptop, my jewelry box and most of my jewelry, my ipod and docking station and the list goes on and on... We keep finding things gone and remembering where things were, that were taken. They also took our Tahoe keys so we had to get the car rekeyed. The police came and fingerprinted the doors and windows that the 'bad guys' got into the house with, and now the fingerprint dust has stained the carpet. Yuck. The next day my Dad came and installed an alarm system and it is now being monitored. Seriously this has been such a pain. The worst part is that Bryan and I are still a little jumpy and all of my baby, baby pictures of Kade are gone. And I have to get a camera before Christmas because it is Kade's first Christmas. I cried about the pictures but other than that, we feel incredibly blessed that neither of us were home during the day when it happened and that I didn't come home with the kids while we were being robbed. Nobody was hurt and we are very grateful that no damage was done to the house. Although this has been a scary experience, we feel very blessed to have what we do! We hope you are all doing well during this holiday season!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm so sorry that happened! It's so good you weren't home though. You've reminded me that I still need to get renter's insurance for our new place. Hope things get back to normal soon for you!

Jessica said...

Not fun! I'm sorry that happened. I am glad to hear that all of you are safe!

AMIT said...

U r safe its fine.

BPO work from home

Me said...

So, Britt, has your blogging career ended before it even began?

:)

Me said...

Is it me, or did your blog die?

:)