Sunday, October 26, 2008

Resting on the Sabbath is not what it seems...

Today was our primary program. Bryan and I are sunbeam teachers and we really love our kids! Because there was only room enough for one teacher, Bryan was going to sit with our class up front. But then we were asked to give the prayers in Sacrament meeting and Bryan had to give the opening prayer, so instead of having to trade places at the end so I could give the benediction, Bryan got to stay with the kids instead! Boy am I glad I got to sit with our sunbeam class instead of our two kids!! :) Kaylie screamed for the last 1/2 hr. of sacrament meeting with Kade joining her a good share of the time. So, Bryan got to stand out in the hall with 2 screaming kids, while I got to enjoy the primary program! After Sacrament meeting I was gathering our things up when Bryan brought Kaylie in and her eyes were all red and puffy. She looked like she had an allergic reaction to something because her eyes were so red and swollen! Anyway, we finally got her off to nursery and rushed to singing/sharing time! Today was our day for being in charge of Sharing time. It actually went pretty well, considering the fact that all of the kids were done being reverent! It got a little crazy and I felt like I was yelling (which I'm sure I was) and I had to cut it down and do our whole sharing time in 10 minutes, but at least it is over now!!! Then, we got to go to our class and taught a lesson to wild 3 year olds. Believe me, I am completely exhausted after church today!!
Oh man- I love Sundays!

1 comment:

Me said...

Oh yes, the Primary Program. I've been serving on the Primary Board and teaching the CTR5s BY MYSELF, which is a piece of cake after the ward was split, only three CTR 5s! A lot less than I'm use to!
For Sharing and Singing Time we played a game, gave out awards to each kid for something they did in the program and ate some cookies! Very low key.
Ironically,
I was teaching Keeping the Sabbath Day Holy for my lesson. Teaching about resting on Sunday after a Primary Program to a bunch of suar-loaded 5 year olds is like teaching about prepardness after a flood. :P